Our client, The White House Apartments, is looking for a motivated self-starter to take care of the property as a Live-in Building Manager. If you are a people person who takes pride in job well done, this position is for you.
The White House Apartments is a rental building located in Duncan, BC, with 44 suites.
In this position you will work closely with Rental Property Manager and owner of the building. You will perform janitorial and basic maintenance duties, build rapport with the tenants and complete tenancy paperwork.
Your duties will include:
- Build positive relationships with the tenants, promote pleasant environment within the building and respond to tenants’ complaints.
- Coordinate new tenant onboarding including screening candidates, schedule and conduct showings, prepare tenancy paperwork and handle cash.
- Book and monitor building move-ins/move-outs, check for damage and fill out appropriate paperwork.
- Ensuring building security is not compromised.
- Carry cell phone and respond to emergencies 24/7 in collaboration with the Property Manager.
- Make daily inspections of the property including mechanical and electrical rooms.
- Ensure that all equipment maintenance and systems servicing is being performed on schedule.
- Communicate effectively with the Property Manager, report issues and assist with coordinating trades on-site.
- Keep building interior clean and tidy including completing janitorial duties such as vacuuming, dusting, cleaning, etc.
- Take care of the exterior common areas including parking areas maintenance, snow & ice removal and salt application.
- Other duties as required.
- Building relationships with tenants and making them happy by taking care of the place they call home.
- This is a live-in position.
- Scheduled working hours: 8am – 4:30pm, Thursday – Monday.
- After hours on-call coverage for emergencies.
- Salary: $2,421.63/ month ($14.90/ hour).
- Company cellphone and parking spot at the building will be provided.
- Training on processes, paperwork and job duties is offered.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Good customer service skills and pleasant demeanor.
- Ability to defuse conflict and build strong relationships with others.
- Ability to perform manual tasks including lift, pull, push and carry 50-80lb.
- Ability to complete general repairs and maintenance tasks including plumbing, electrical, painting and structural building knowledge (preferred).
- Proven ability to work productively and safely, with good time management.
- Valid driver's license and a vehicle.
- Clean criminal record check.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and ability to use a smartphone.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter outlining why you will be a great fit for the Live-in Building Manager role. We are looking forward to reviewing your application!